Foundation Course in Mortuary Science:
This course is designed for both Funeral Operatives who have a keen interest in Mortuary Science and people who do not have a background in Funeral Service but would benefit from an insight into the profession.
This is a five day course and includes modules on:
- Legal requirements on accepting the deceased to the Mortuary.
- Health and safety within the mortuary.
- Burial Vs Cremation. Why its important to know.
- Procedures prior to embalming.
- Embalming Techniques.
- Heart pressure Vs Embalming pressure.
- Understanding embalming fluids and working indices.
- Understanding surface anatomy and the circulatory system.
- Incisions. Where and how to make them.
- Injection Techniques.
- Suturing Techniques.
- Cosmetology on the deceased.
- Final presentation of the deceased.
This course is divided between classroom sessions and mortuary sessions. There will be guest presentations throughout the course also. A set of clinical scrubs will be included for each student and an assessment will be made on your progress. A certificate will be issued on completion.
You can apply for this course here