Foundation Course in Mortuary Science:
This course is designed for both Funeral Operatives who have a keen interest in Mortuary Science and people who do not have a background in Funeral Service but would benefit from an insight into the profession.
This is a five day course and includes modules on:
- Legal requirements on accepting the deceased to the Mortuary.
- Health and safety within the mortuary.
- Burial Vs Cremation. Why its important to know.
- Procedures prior to embalming.
- Embalming Techniques.
- Heart pressure Vs Embalming pressure.
- Understanding embalming fluids and working indices.
- Understanding surface anatomy and the circulatory system.
- Incisions. Where and how to make them.
- Injection Techniques.
- Suturing Techniques.
- Cosmetology on the deceased.
- Final presentation of the deceased.
This course is divided between classroom sessions and mortuary sessions. There will be guest presentations throughout the course also. A set of clinical scrubs will be included for each student and an assessment will be made on your progress. A certificate will be issued on completion.
You can apply for this course here
IMPORTANT - Tell us more about you.
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM ONLY IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A PLACE ON OUR FOUNDATION COURSE.
Once the form is completed and submitted, please click on a month of your choice to check for availability, then simply book your place
We will not, in any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission, including public organizations, corporations or individuals, except when applicable by law. We do not sell, communicate or divulge your information to any mailing lists.
Please select course from the available months below.